John Pierce Consulting Actuary is a consulting firm which provides property-casualty actuarial services to insurance companies, self-insureds and insurance regulators. We also provide expert witness services in insurance-related litigation. Our firm was established in 1983 and currently has a staff of three actuaries. Some facts about our firm are:
Our clients range in size. Our insurance company clients have included large publicly traded insurers, and startup companies which have not yet written their first policy. We have provided consulting services to insurance departments in states with relatively small staffs, and we have also provided consulting services to agencies of the federal government.
- Please do not ask for a copy of our “standard actuarial report”, as that report does not exist. Our reports are tailored to fit the needs of each client.
- We build relationships with our clients. Many clients have been with our firm for over 10 years – and a few have been with us for over 20 years.
- Our business is largely within the 50 United States. However, we also operate internationally. International clients have included insurance entities in jurisdictions as far east as Jamaica and the Bahamas, and as far west as Micronesia.
- For a number of our clients, we were their first actuary. Many of these firms have grown in size over the years. We are happy to have partnered with these clients to achieve their profitable growth. These partnerships have helped our firm grow as well.
- Our actuaries are all U.S. based. We believe any cost savings from off-shoring would be offset by decreased knowledge of the local environment.
We are proud that John Pierce Consulting Actuary has provided high quality actuarial service at a reasonable cost for over three decades now.
We look forward to continued growth in the future.
We look forward to discussing that future with you.